John Deere 1050 - diesel getting into engine oil

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 1050 - diesel getting into engine oil

Dave I have a late 1970's JD 1050. I started getting diesel in the engine oil a few months ago. Took it to JD dealer, compression and fuel injectors checked out ok so they determined it had to be the fuel injector pump. They had it rebuilt (about $1000) but problem seems to be continuing. Anyone out there got any suggestions what may be the problem?
Doug With any diesel, a certain amount of fuel dilution is normal. You don't say how much you are getting, but my bet is you have an injector that's leaking regardless of what the shop tells you.

Have you had the oil analyzed to quantify how much is leaking?

Dave Doug, thanks for the comeback. I do see that one of the fuel injectors has some leakage around the outside of it. No, I have not had the oil analyzed but the tractor only has 16 hours on it since the fuel injector was rebuilt and the oil changed out and the oil level has gone up at least 1/4 of an inch. That's probably half a quart or so. Previous to this summer, the oil level would stay constant between oil changes.
ross Did the shop also replace the fuel pump? If they didn't I would replace it and keep an eye on the oil level.
Dave Ross, thanks for that input, I'll talk to them about the fuel pump.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: