John Deere GT275 stalling problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere GT275 stalling problem

mike My 1997 GT 275 stalls after running for about 30 minutes. It seems to be an electrical problem the way it cuts-out and dies. It can be restarted almost immediately, but it only runs a several seconds to a couple of minutes before cutting-out again. After cooling off it will run again until it gets hot. Any suggestions on what it might be?
Curt It could be a fuel or a ingition problem. You will need to find out which one it is. The easiest way to do that is to get a inline spark tester that goes in between the spark plug wire and spark plug. They can be picked up at most automotive stores for olny a few bucks. The tester will light up whenever the ignition fires and when it is running at high idle it should be a steady glow.
richard Alexander Try running without the hood. If this cures the problem, then it is probably overheating the fuel system. My LX279 behaved much the same way and after spending $$$ on everything I could think of, we ran it with the hood off to be ready for the next episode, and it just wouldn't die...

I don't have a fix, just what keeps mine mower running.

Mikeo My 1998 GT275 has the exact same problem. Did you find the problem?

brian It is probably the ignition coil. You need to run it until it quits, and then check for spark at the spark plug. It is best use an inline tester for this. if you have no spark untilthe unit cools then your problem will be the ignition coil. Make sure that you provide the numbers from the engine when ordering the part. Some of these engines had an ignitor for the coil and some did not.
Kathy our 98 GT275 began having stalling issues last year. We have JD service, couldn't find anything and $200 later .. we now have the same issue this season.
Any advice would be appreciated. It behaves as if it is out of gas. I can hear it start to die and then it stalls. Can restart immediately as well and drive it about 6 feet and then continues to die/stall.
Thanks,

Kathy our 98 GT275 began having stalling issues last year. We have JD service, couldn't find anything and $200 later .. we now have the same issue this season.
Any advice would be appreciated. It behaves as if it is out of gas. I can hear it start to die and then it stalls. Can restart immediately as well and drive it about 6 feet and then continues to die/stall.
Thanks,

roger My 98 GT275 has been doing the same thing. I have tried several things and no luck. When mine stalls it will not start until it cools off. It does have a spart so I think it something to do with the gas. Already checked, gas filter, line leaks, trash in the tank, spark, changed plugs, and even bought a rabits foot. No luck. One time it will cut 2 acres the next time it will on run 15 minutes. Cools 15 minutes starts right up. We need help from John deere. Thanks

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: