JD 2555 Hydraulic system

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 2555 Hydraulic system

Louis Irion I posted this problem but I need to add more information. I have a JD 2555 4x4 that I bought used 1.5 years ago. I am having trouble with the hydraulics. They perform fine when the tractor is first started, but as I use it they get weaker, & the hydraulic lines start to chatter. When this happens, the loader will not lift smoothly & starts to stutter. It seems to worsen when I put it in the rabbit mode on the transmission. There seems to be excessive heat & the other day the hydraulic light came on for the 1st time & the brakes failed. The brakes were fine the next day. I have changed filters and fluid, kept an eye on the fluid levels and monitored the hydraulics, and the problem only occurs after it has been running awhile. No serious leaks are apparent. Any help would be appreciated. Sincerely, Lou Irion
ross You have an internal leak in your hydraulic system. Let the machine sit overnight and the next morning start it up and let it run, don't operate any hydraulic functions. After 10-15 minutes start feeling your brake valve, rockshaft housing, scv's, steering pump, and take the plug out of the back of the transmission case to look for oil spraying out of the rockshaft housing. Which ever one you feel is getting hot, that is where your leak is.
Bob Did you check your tire pressure?
al
A neat tool to use is a digital temperature thermometer.

calvin When tractor is started, the hydraulic system either works or doesnt work. When it does, works fine till the next restart - might work, might not.
3-point, auxillary ports, and steering are effected. Changed filter, looked fine, very little trash, plenty oil, no noise at pump.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: