185 Hydro/transmission service

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

185 Hydro/transmission service

Dan Dekat Hoping to hear from anyone that has serviced the
transmission on a John Deere 185 Hydro. Mine is a 1986 model.
Transmission seems to work ok, but the transmission oil is looking very worn.
Nothing in the owners manual regarding this part. My John Deere store informed me they're intended to be maintenance free. There is no drain or filter. Would appreciate any advice.

Green Dean : Hoping to hear from anyone that has serviced the
: transmission on a John Deere 185 Hydro. Mine is a 1986 model.
: Transmission seems to work ok, but the transmission oil is looking very worn.
: Nothing in the owners manual regarding this part. My John Deere store informed me they're intended to be maintenance free. There is no drain or filter. Would appreciate any advice.

I have hear that these transmissions are sealed for life and thats it. I got a garden tractor instead of a lawn tractor for that reason, among others. As long as it works, then I would'nt worry about it.

Jason : Hoping to hear from anyone that has serviced the
: transmission on a John Deere 185 Hydro. Mine is a 1986 model.
: Transmission seems to work ok, but the transmission oil is looking very worn.
: Nothing in the owners manual regarding this part. My John Deere store informed me they're intended to be maintenance free. There is no drain or filter. Would appreciate any advice.

If you want to change it get a suction pump cheap at an parts store and take what you can out the top and fill back even

warren gilbert : : Hoping to hear from anyone that has serviced the
: : transmission on a John Deere 185 Hydro. Mine is a 1986 model.
: : Transmission seems to work ok, but the transmission oil is looking very worn.
: : Nothing in the owners manual regarding this part. My John Deere store informed me they're intended to be maintenance free. There is no drain or filter. Would appreciate any advice.

: If you want to change it get a suction pump cheap at an parts store and take what you can out the top and fill back even

warren gilbert I have a185 its mowed 6000 yards. the rear end takes 90wt drian bottom plug fill to top plug. But the hydro takes 30wt and only .7qt drian bottom plug put back take out plug on top put 30wt oil threw top cap until oil comes out the top plug put back top plug fill to mark on dip stick.I no this tractor inside an out pto belt is ap61 drive belt is ap77 mower belt is ap98.Rember the hydro take .7 qt thats only 3/4 qt
chris Where is the bottom plug and top plug on the hydro?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: