JD 4630 Can not shut off pto

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 4630 Can not shut off pto

Welby I have a JD 4630 and the pto runs continuously. The lever that controls the pto moves very free as if it wasn't even hooked up. I have checked the linkage from the cab to the trans(moved the pto lever and saw that it was working/not broken).
Could this be a problem with the valve body or something else?

ross Is this a Quad Range or a Powershift transmission?
Welby I'M PRETTY SURE IT IS A POWERSHIFT TRANS.
Welby Yes, it is a power shift trans.
Robert Peterson I have a 4020 JD and the pto will not shut off. It is a power shift trans. Any suggestions?

rpeterson13@sdplains.com

Dan Pto clutch is slipping,FIX!
Bruce Might want to check that all the linkage is OK from lever down to valve that turns it on and off. Sometimes link on valve eggs out round and won`t turn valve.
clint the pto is probably not actually engaged even though it is turning. you could put your foot on it and stop it. if you hook the pto up to an implement you should be able to engage it and disengage it with the lever and it will stop. if this does not work you have a problem.
Welby Took it to the dealer back when I was having this problem. It's been a couple of years now. The pto brake was bad. Tractor had to be split open and the brake replaced. Cost somewhere around $4,ooo. Works great now. I learned that you inspect a tracotr very well when looking at purchasing one then you do your homework by calling the dealer repair shop and find out what might be wrong with what you found and how much it might cost to repair.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: