John Deere L130 rear wheels

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere L130 rear wheels

David I have been trying to remove the rear wheels on a JD L130, but to this point unsuccessfully. I have tried hammering a wooden 2X3 against the back of the wheel, repeatedly spraying the wheel spindle and wheel hub with WD-40 and liquid wrench. I have tried heating the wheel spindle and the wheel hub with a torch, but it still won't budge. My last attempt was to place a galvanized threaded pipe coupling over the end of the wheel spindle and hammering the wheel hub inward to break it free from the spindle, but no luck. Anybody have suggestions? And yes, I have removed the c-ring from the end of the wheel spindle......
Bruce Yep...been there, done that,...bought the shirt! :) They can get seized on the axle pretty good, can't they? That is because nobody put any "never-seize" grease on the axle before installing the rim! Well, you're going to have to replace the rim you know...I'll bet it's all bashed up, now! You should NOT, however, use a torch to heat the axle!!! Never! Soak it up good with WD-40, let it sit, soak some more...and use an air hammer on the backside. Sometimes that doesn't work, either. You *may* have to use an airpowered cut-off tool, and cut through the axle along its' length...being careful not to cut too deeply, or into the axle itself. I've done that, too! Good luck! And,...when you replace the rim..sand off the axle real clean, and apply Never-Seize grease! Good idea to remove the other side @ this time (if it's not seized up), and clean and grease that one, too!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: