John Deere 850 855 950 955 Problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 850 855 950 955 Problems

Steve Use caution when buying a John Deere compact tractor such as a 850,855,870,950,955 or similar. My John Deere 855 only has 1200 hours on it, has not been used commercially and has not been used near chemicals but it looks awfull.

The paint has peeled off in pieces the size of business cards, even on areas that are inside the tractor. My estimate is that 70% of the paint has peeled off.

I called the dealer, John Deere and even sent a letter to the President. All told me that they wouldn't offer any help or do anything about the paint. I am the only owner of the tractor. Use caution when buying John Deere.
Steve

Chris Hey Steve,

Could you give us a break, we've read this post 9000 times..... break down and paint the tractor. No one is going to do it for you

Steve Well put. Although I haven't posted since 6/22 and it is closer to 9 times. By the way, many of the panels have to be replaced and a lot of associated components also. The price for all comes to $ 2,367.00 and this does not include the labor.

Thank all of you for reading and please put it to good use. Steve

Jon test
Jon test
Jon test
Tom Hello,

Could someone please tell what a good cold weather crankcase oil might be for the 3 cy yanmar might be??

Thank you Tom R

Donna Can anyone tell me where the hydraulic filter(s) is located on a JD 950. My hydraulic lift won't work.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: