John Deere 430 Lawn & Garden Tractor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 430 Lawn & Garden Tractor

Danny Moulder For Sale John Deere 430 Lawn & Garden Tractor
60" Mower Deck, 1168 hours, good condition.
Can send pictures. $4000

al krupa please send picture. also is this gas or diesel?

Danny Moulder Al,the 430 has already been sold thanks, Danny
al krupa dan i'm looking at another 430 with 1100 hrs. on it. are they good reliable tractors or are there problems i should be aware of? any comments would be appreciated. thanks, al
Dave Can anyone tell me when they quit making the Model 430 3 Cyl Diesel Model w/60" mower deck and what the retail price was and what a 1991 model w/2000 hrs would be worth in good runing condition. Thanks
Robert Henry I have a John Deere 430 Lawn and Garden Tractor for sale. I have no idea what it is worth.
-Diesel
-Deck is in good shape
-Tires are in good shape
-seat is in good shape
ITEMS THAT NEED ATTENTION:
I had the unit serviced by the local John Deere dealer. Here is what he found.
-The temp light stays on all the time, although the radioator is not over heating.
-There is a little black smoke that comes out of the left side of the engine. I believe it needs piston rings or something. It has not been taken apart to see what needs fixed, as I purchased a zero turn rider, and the John Deere 430 has been sitting for about 1 year.
Email me for pics and more info.

Robert Henry I have a John Deere 430 Lawn and Garden Tractor for sale. I have no idea what it is worth.
-Diesel
-Deck is in good shape
-Tires are in good shape
-seat is in good shape
ITEMS THAT NEED ATTENTION:
I had the unit serviced by the local John Deere dealer. Here is what he found.
-The temp light stays on all the time, although the radioator is not over heating.
-There is a little black smoke that comes out of the left side of the engine. I believe it needs piston rings or something. It has not been taken apart to see what needs fixed, as I purchased a zero turn rider, and the John Deere 430 has been sitting for about 1 year.
Email me for pics and more info.

Jon test
Jon test
Woody Not sure of value, what size deck do you have and what year is your tractor, hydraulics condition, number of hours used, may help determine a more accurate price for you. A diesel sitting for one year, hopefully not outside, may not help on resale value. My guess is if it still runs good you are in good shape, if not running at all or running poorly, the diesel may need major attention. Usually diesels run for a long time. Usually your dealer knows what it is worth, usually offers you a low price. Since you had your tractor serviced and they found the problems above, they ought to be able to tell you how much for the repair, and what it would be worth I would think. What do you think you would be asking for the unit AS IS, rough figures?
Joe Do you still have the 430 for sale? Thanks. Joe.
BILL DEUBEL NEED SIDE SHIELDS &MOWER DECK FOR JD 400LAWN TRACTOR
Bill Deubel Bill do you have some side shields for sale
cramond williams would you send me pix's of the 430 and all the details,are you the original owner? thank you
martin I would be interested in your tractor. Would like to see pictures,and if you are not to far away I might just buy it.
W S Ray How many hours does engone have on meter? Please email pics.

Thanks

Robert Henry UNIT HAS BEEN SOLD ! !
stan I have a 1988 430 lawn tractor with a sixty inch deck, diesel engine. I was wondering if you could tell me how to find a complete manual so that I can do my own service when needed. thanks so much
Terry Long I have a J.D. 430, 1985 model deisel lawn tractor. has a 20 hp Yanmar 3 cyl. engine. We cut our 2 1/2 acre yard with it today. Has 1296 hours on it. Original deck. In very good condition. Am 2nd owner. have owned it for 4 years. have had no problems with motor; deck has had all pulleys; idler arms replaced. new hydraulic lift. Am considering selling. If interested, e-mail me. Will post pictures if requested.
Dave Nowatzke Does anyone have a front extender for a John Deere 430 garden tractor? Also looking for a frame squeezer (I guess that's what it is called). That allows you to mount, for example, a front blade used on a 318 on a 430 garden tractor.

Thanks,
Dave

Chris Wagner I have a 1984 John Deere that I may be interested in selling. It has a 60in deck, front and rear pto, 3 point hitch, 48in 2-stage snowblower, and a 48in 2000 rpm tiller. I stripped down everything and repainted with John Deere paint. The snowblower was the only thing that I didn't get repainted yet. Any reasonable offers will be considered. My e-mail is I will be able to send pictures if you want.
Chris Wagner I have a 1984 John Deere that I may be interested in selling. It has a 60in deck, front and rear pto, 3 point hitch, 48in 2-stage snowblower, and a 48in 2000 rpm tiller. I stripped down everything and repainted with John Deere paint. The snowblower was the only thing that I didn't get repainted yet. Any reasonable offers will be considered. I will be able to send pictures if you want.
Russell Varney Hi Robert, how much would you like for this?
Steve Odle Looking for a 430,maybe a good 420 for sale.
Hopefully near ILL.

Mark Bondurant please send pix and location\Thanks
Mark

randall I have a very nice 430 that has new pto pulley and belts 4 new tires and is being refurbished as we speak bought to resale. everything is operational and is being nicely cleaned up! serious inquiries may call 254-931-4859
Brian looking for tiller that will fit 430 johndeere
patty do you still have this tractor?

Anne
Re: John Deere 430 Lawn & Garden Tractor

1988 John Deere 430 Garden Tractor with a 60" mower deck, power steering, hydrostatic transmission, dual rear breaks, hydraulic lift, 3 hydraulic levers, 20hp, 3 cylinder, Yanmar diesel engine, and 1318 hrs. Tractor is in great shape and has always been kept inside.

This tractor was just serviced and had a new battery installed, changed hydrostatic fluid & filter, replace mower deck belt, sharpen blades, change oil & filter, etc. (I have a copy of the invoice)

Please contact me via email

Jack Anastasia I am looking for a frame squeezer also. Someone use to sell them on eBay. I have a JD 445 and the squeezer allows you to use equipment (like a thacther) from the earlier 400 and 300 series JD's on the newer 445. I have a thacther from the realier 400 series JD that I want to use on my 445. Does anyone know where I can get one? Regards, Jack
LeRoy Ziesman Looking for a JD 430 lawn tractor grill.
John I'm looking for a 430, diesel with 60'' deck,
PS,Hydro trans.,3 point,low hours.Please E-mail responses.
Thanks John

Laurie Johnson I am looking for a 430 Lawn mower in FL Please send pic and price and location
Thanks

Laurie Johnson I am looking for a 430 Lawn mower in FL Please send pic and price and location
Thanks

monty i have a 430 diesel 1992 model 1036 hours for sale in illinois
Preston Dickerson I'M LOOKING FOR JOHN DEERE 430,435,440 LAWN TRACTOR FOR SALE CLOSE TO THE MISSISSIPPI AREA WITHIN 200 OR 250 MILES. WILLING TO PAY A REASON PRICE.
John Lloyd I am looking for a tiller for a JD 430
Allen are you still looking?
john townsend I have a great john deer 430 tractor for sale ,it has the john deer 3 cylinder diesel engine, low hours ,deck,front grader blade,hydrollics,power steering,differential lock, good tires,the seat has a couple breaks in the material but, we use it winter and summer,feel free to call 859-274-6258 the tractor is in kentucky and priced to sell.
Dewey Williams I have a 1988 430. It did not come equipped with Rear PTO and three point hitch. I would like to buy the complete package all together. You may call me at (317)861-6378 or cell 441-0912
or reply to this email. Thank you Dewey

Dewey Williams I have a 1988 430. It did not come equipped with Rear PTO and three point hitch. I would like to buy the complete package all together. You may call me at (317)861-6378 or cell 441-0912
or reply to this email. Thank you Dewey

Gary I am looking for a 430 diesel garden tractor that's for sale. Looking for low hours and good shape. Best if located within 200 miles of western PA. Thanks much
Brian I have a 1990 John Deere 430 Lawn tractor 20hp diesel w/ approx 1500hrs. Includes front end loader, mowing deck,weight box, extra set traction tires, wheel weights, furrow plow, and dump cart. All in good shape does anyone have an idea what it wood be worth??
Janne Haapasalmi Iam also interest to buy JD 430 with snow blower, any left near Michigan?
Ryan I'm looking for a two stage snow blower for the for the front of a John deere 420. Also weight for the front and rear rims, due to I have a blade that I will be using off and on.
everett kelley I have one of these great tractors. but could you tell me what the 4 hydrolic connections on the front do and whitch does what with each of the levers the middle lever i know lifts and lowers the deck . i would so apreciate this infromation as i am also looking for a front loader a 44 will do i hear thanks very much if you have the time.. Everett R Kelley II
Bob Walker Interested in buying
Mike Moyer GOT A 1988 430 JOHN DEERE DIESEL THATS IS IN LIKE NEW CONDITION WITH 2,500 HRS ON IT.$2,500
Alex Woodward Looking for a project 430 for a school project budget is low so please contact me ASAP. Thanks
Alex Woodward Looking for a project 430 for a school project budget is low so please contact me ASAP. Thanks
John Stoker Looking for a front grill for the 430 Garden Tractor
Ben Bowman Am looking for my (1990 I think) 430 that I sold to a man around Kendalville, Indiana many years ago. It had loader, front and rear weight brackets and weights all hydrollics, rear pto, wheel weights, grooming mower, radio on fender plus a lot of other attachments. It can be recognized by diamond plate foot plates. Am very interested in purchasing it back.
Bob Ballard I have model 48 JD Tiller for sale. Good Shape,turns freely. Asking $900.
BRYAN STETHEM
Re: John Deere 430 Lawn & Garden Tractor

I have a nice 430 with mower deck, 3-point hitch with special drawbar attachment, snow-blower with required frame adapter, full JD winter cab, tire chains, service manual, and a Trac Vac 580 leaf vacuum. Prefer to sell as complete group. Northern Indiana, but will consider delivery or meet part way. $4350

dick do still have the 430?
Bob For Sale by original owner -

- 1986 John Deere 20 hp Diesel heavy duty garden tractor Model 430,1250 hours,
- 60" heavy duty three blade mower deck - hydraulic lift, three sets of blades,
- 54" front plow blade - hydraulic lift and angle,
- category "0" three-point hitch with drawbar - hydraulic raise and lower,
- winter cab enclosure,
- 75 lb. rear wheel weights,
- rear tire chains, two link,
- owners manuals for tractor and attachments,
- factory service manual for tractor,
- heavy duty JD vinyl cover for tractor

The tractor and equipment have been well maintained, always garaged and are in very good condition. Photos available on request. Asking $4500 for everything. Can deliver within 50 -75 miles of Cape Cod Canal in SE Massachusetts.

Gary White I am looking for either John Deere 430 , 655 or 755 diesels with a 50 to 60 inch deck. Please call or email 905-931-8486

Please include pictures and prices

John I'm looking for a 430, diesel with 60'' deck,
PS,Hydro trans.,3 point,low hours.Please E-mail responses

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: