SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

battery for 8N?

sal What is a good 12 volt battery to purchase for an 8N? # of CCA?
Larry I've always been told the cca, cold cranking amps, is the most improtant thing to consider when buying a battery. Measure how much room you have and buy accordingly. Sometimes there is an issue with what side + and what side - in on. If your cables are long enought most likely won't be.
buzz just got a new battery and found the core to be too large even though it was the same type. Like post before take measurements of old core or take it with you. Probably have to pay a premium because of the core size.
Chopper I would recommend an Optima (red top) battery. I work for the company that manufactures them, leatest technology, very reliable and long lasting. They are the batteries that have 6 round cylinders as the case. Can be found in a variety of case sizes, top or side posts.
Good luck!

James Bailey A group 26 or 26R 12 volt battery fits the orignal battery case real nice. The difference between the group 26 and 26R is the location of the + and - terminals. Purchased my group 26 at Walmart for about 60 bucks. James
James Bailey
Re: battery for 8N?

Picture of a group 26 battery installed on my Ford 8N.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: