SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Starter spins after engine tried to fire?

Dick Shrader Works fine for several starts and then...when I try to re-start the starter spins as soon as the engine tries to fire! What is happening?
Bob G weak bendix, time to replace it.
Bob G
Re: Starter spins after engine tried to fire?

The bendix is the part of the starter shaft. easy to replace. there are several types. My 8n was doing the same thing a few years ago and after i replace it, it works just fine. any of the online parts places will have it. Just be careful when removing the starter that it does not dome apart. you may have to jiggle the starter around to get it out. I removed the bolts on the oil filter and removed the drain petcock to bive me more room.
good luck

Dick Shrader Thanks Bob for the info and picture. I will follow-up and let you know how it works out.
Dick

lha I keep reading about how hard it is to remove the starter.I took mine off to clean the mating surfaces and had no problem.Maybe its because I am used to things being ornery.I'm sure other "easy" things for other people are hard for me.---lha

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: