SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Oil pan removal 8N

Terry Gunderson Is there a trick to oil pan removal ?
Have all visible bolts out --- Pan is lose on rear & sides , but will not release from front.
Can someone tell why?
Thanks---- Terry

Bob G You do have the ront axle, wheels removed from tractor don't you?
Don Terry when i took my oil pan off i wondered the same thing....you have to take off the front axle. There is a dish shaped peice up against the pan in front, and i beleive that there are 2 bolts behind it.....you will have to jack up the tractor just behind the engine, away from the pan. I blocked mine up with cement blocks on each side and a 4x4 across the underneath part of the tractor. Make sure you chock the rear wheels in front and behind them. ...good luck Don
john I want to replace the rings and was trying to remove the pan. I found that the front axel . I see that terry had the same problem. My question is can I let the block suspend off the connection to the transmission? I also wondered about putting some eye bolts in the block and suspend it from that.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: