SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Oil pan removal 8N

Terry Gunderson Is there a trick to oil pan removal ?
Have all visible bolts out --- Pan is lose on rear & sides , but will not release from front.
Can someone tell why?
Thanks---- Terry

Bob G You do have the ront axle, wheels removed from tractor don't you?
Don Terry when i took my oil pan off i wondered the same have to take off the front axle. There is a dish shaped peice up against the pan in front, and i beleive that there are 2 bolts behind will have to jack up the tractor just behind the engine, away from the pan. I blocked mine up with cement blocks on each side and a 4x4 across the underneath part of the tractor. Make sure you chock the rear wheels in front and behind them. ...good luck Don
john I want to replace the rings and was trying to remove the pan. I found that the front axel . I see that terry had the same problem. My question is can I let the block suspend off the connection to the transmission? I also wondered about putting some eye bolts in the block and suspend it from that.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):