Ford 9n Sway bars

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford 9N, 2N, 8N, NAA Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 9n Sway bars

Todd Click I recently purchased a 1939 model 9n Ford. It has two sway bars that attach to a bracket underneath the axles. It has about four holes in these brackets, and the sway bars are attached to the holes that are closest to the front of the tractor. So when I try to lift anything, it only goes so high before the sway bars hit the axles, and the pump starts making a knocking sound. With the sway bars removed, the lift goes a lot higher, and nothing makes a knocking sound. I've looked for shorter bars, but can't find any. I thought about cutting them shorter and re-drilling the holes. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Ken N Tx Your mounting brackets maybe on wrong..Try switching the right to the left and left to the right..This would put your pins out further..

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford 9N, 2N, 8N, NAA Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: