SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

8n front plow

Brentg
8n front plow

Hi, This year I decide to try putting a front mount plow on my 8n for snow, This is what I came up with, so far I dont how it will work, but it seemed to do ok pushing some dirt, I decided to post on some of the 8n forums to show this setup, I know when I was tossing this idea around I searched and searched but found little info on this subject other than the loader style and under frame style setups. My thinking is that this should be as strong as atv/utv setup. Maybe this can give others some ideas how to expand on this and make it even better.

Thanks

Brent

More Pics
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/X-treme-X/tractor_related/

Ken N Tx Looks good..
Larry That is one cool plow. How much do you have invested in it?
Bob G Overall I think it looks great. The only thing I don't like is how far out front it sticks. May not be a problem tho. Let us know how it works on snow this winter.
brentg Thanks.. Yes I agree it does stick out a ways, using a 3pt was maybe not the best choice but I had it laying around so it cut the cost. Using that style and wanting to be able to lift n more than a few inches , the geometry of the pivot vrs winch placement pushed everything out, if you look at the other pics that pulling everything back a few inches would not help the overall looks much and would put a strain on the winch. My total cost without the blade is under 80.00 plus scrap steel and 5hr of fab time.
wew315 i have two 9n back plow &frount plow the back plow works better frount is going to have chanes
brentg I will use chains if needed, I ma hoping that the weight of the back blade plus loaded tires will do the trick.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: