SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Marvel-Schebler carb rebuild

Bill Spencer Am rebuilding the TSX 33 carb from a TISCO kit C545V and have unidentifed parts, can anyone help? Parts list missing from kit.

Part one-1/8" dia. spring approx. 3/4" in length, hooks at both ends,
Part two-Rubber cup seal,approx. 7/16" O.D., 9/32" I.D.
Part Three-White soft packing (?), approx. 3/8' O.D. 1/8" I.D.
Part four-Thin hard washer, red in color, Approx. 7/16" O.D. by 1/4" I.D.

These are the only parts I haven't figured out where they should go. Any help is appreciated!

Bob G with out seeing them, a picure would help,

part 1: sounds like spring that goes on choke plate flapper
part 2: sounds like seal that goes on throttle plate shaft on outside. seal loose shaft

part 3: sounds like seal that goes around choke shaft outside.
part 4: sounds like a washer under float seat.

Good luck

Bill Spencer
Re: Marvel-Schebler carb rebuild

Bob G., thanks for your reply. I've installed the spring on the choke flapper . The photo shows the remaining parts in question. Any further thoughts on parts 2,3 and 4? Thanks!

Bill Spencer Follow up on previous input. Hard red gasket in too small to fit on needle seat.
Bob G How about the main jet for the red one? The black one sure looks like the cup I put on the outside of the trottle rod to prevent air from being sucked into the carb. don't know about the white one.

Keep us posted

Bob G There is a gasket under the spring on the main adjustment needle that might be the red one.
Bill Spencer Out of the four unidentified parts, I've found a home for the spring (choke flapper) and the black seal (throttle shaft). The last two remain a mystery! The main adj.needle does have a gasket between the spring and the body.
I've assembled all the rest, installed carb on tractor, started tractor and set speeds and mixtures......all seems O.K. at this point.
Since I don't have the gas tank/hood installed I have not run the tractor under load yet. I may have to make further adjustments etc. then.
In closing, thanks to all who have responded the my questions. Your experience, knowledge and insight is greatly appreciated. Altho knowledged in automotive and power generation equipment, rebuilding this tractor from literally basket/boxes was a new experience for me. Thanks again!

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: