SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

naa wont run after it warms up

james silk 1954 naa was running great, then started to lose power almost like it was ruuning out of fuel? replaced condenser,dist cap,rotor, points, plug wires,plugs,coil. it will start with no choke but will lose power while mowing after 15 mins.it will idle at any rpm perfectly for ever but as soon as i start mowing it starts conking out? i flushed gas line ,sediment bowl(clean) new gas line, went thru carb found no debri or plugged jets. driving me crazy! also new intake/exhaust manifold gaskets thinking i had a intake leak but it was on the exhaust. thanks for any help?
Bob G You might try running it with the gas cap off. The vent hole may be plugged. Other than that go back and recheck everything. Don't assume that it is ok.

Keep us posted.

Jim Loveridge James, it looks like you have thought of everything except the possiblilty that the ignition switch may be bad. A light contact inside would cause it to heat up then go intermittent. Easy to prove, just by-pass it temporarily. Like Bob said, be sure to let us know. We can all learn something here.
jim silk hey guys, thanks for the info but it did not work? i took carb apart again and found the float was sticking,sure that was the problem. but after 8 mins it just loses fuel? and stalls out. seems like it runs only with gas in carb bowl about 8 mins even at idle? dont understand? anymore idea's....thanks jim
Bob G Not too long ago I had a very similiar problem and it turned out to be a plugged intake tube in the sediment bowl. It wold starve out, let it sit a few minutes and it would start back and run a few minutes then stall out again. I ended up replacing the bowl assembly as the threads in the out fitting were stripped. With the valve open 2 turns, remove the bolt in the bottom of carb bowl and check the flow rate. let it run for two or three minutes. should fill a pint jar. good way to check for sticking float needle also.

keep after it, you will find the problem
keep us posted

jim silk thanks bob its raining right now will be on it tomorrow!!jim

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: