SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ford jubilee with tired hydraulics

LARRY Hi folks
i'm looking for a little advise on my jubilee,
my 3 point will not lift any weight,works fine if its empty,i've flushed & changed the fluids and through the fill hole i can see the ram & with weight on the 3pt.i can't see any fluid leaking past the cyl.seals.this tractor has an external pump,are there other problems i can check & how..thanx..larry

Jim Loveridge Larry, according the the trouble shooting section in my I&T Fo-19 shop manual it could be a worn relief valve or if you notice a difference from when the hydraulic oil is cold or warm that would indicate a worn pump if you have the older vane type pump.
To check the relief valve, remove the pto shifter cover (oil level may have to be lowered slightly). With hydraulic oil at operating temperature, attach heavy implement to hitch, run engine at fast idle, move control lever to top and position control to verticle. If oil around area of relief valve in reservoir is turbulent, renew the relief valve.
I would recomend you get this book. It's not that much money. Hope this helps.

larry thanx for the reply jim..there doesn't seem to be any difference weather its hot or cold and without a pressure gauge going up to 2000 lbs i'm not sure what the pump pressure is but i did tap into a live port & it seemed to carry a lot of pressure there so you might be on to something being the relief valve.do you know if thats considered the same as the saftey relief valve & do you have to take off the top cover to replace it ?..and good advice on the manual..ordered one tonight but won't see it for a week..thanks again..larry
Jim Loveridge Larry, the relief valve is not the same as the saftey valve. You do have to remove the cover to replace it. The instructions for removing the top cover are quite involved. Once that's off it says, "drain the fluid, remove the relief valve baffle and the pump pressure (small) tube if you have the vane type pump or the hydraulic tube and manifold if you have a piston type pump. The relief valve can then be removed by driving the valve downward out of center housing.

I know you probably have tractor work to do, but I'd wait for the manual as it has photos. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: