SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Jubilee Wiring

Bryan I have a 53 Jubilee I recently purchased. The wiring is pretty bad. I had to replace the key ignition. Can anyone tell me where those two wires go? There's a yellow and a black off the ignition. I think before it had one wire (unk which one because they were painted over) split into two and one going through a resistor to the coil, the other going to the alternator (it's converted to 12v previously).

Jim Loveridge I just came back from looking at my '54. There is a terminal block just above the voltage regulator or where it used to be in your case. I have a yellow wire comming from the left side (right side of the tractor) going to one side of the ignition switch. Then there is another wire comming from the other side of the ignition switch (this one looks like it's white with black or blue stripes) that goes up to the right side of that terminal block.

The problem is, that since your tractor has been converted to 12 volts, obviously it's not OEM. What you need to keep in mind is, you need to get 12 volts from a battery sorce to the resistor and have a way of breaking that circuit which is your ignition switch. It doesn't matter what color the wires are just as long as they are of suffecint guage.

Todd VanDenBerg He is right, the "off" side of the ignition switch has a wire to the "off" side of the terminal block. The "on" side of the ignition switch goes to the "on" side of the terminal block. The ignition key "turning it" is what allows the current to go from one side to the other. The "on" side of the terminal block typically includes the coil, the exciter wire of the alternator and as said the on side of the the ingition switch. You could have your lights on this side of the terminal block but this would mean the key has to be turned to have them enabled.
thomas a dehart need a diagrahm to rewire a 12 volt system on my 1955 ford 600 jubilee tractor.i had already change to a 12 volt system worked great.years latter wiring system shorted out,heated all wiring to a crisp.thank you thomas a dehart

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: