8N Snowblower

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford 9N, 2N, 8N, NAA Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

8N Snowblower

Gerald Wilson Question: Is there a possibility of useing a snowblower or is there one made to work on 8N? thanks
Ken N Tx Not that I am aware of..

I would think that the ground speed would be too fast!!

Ken N Tx Edit: I have seen them on the rear of an N and they seemed to work ok..

Down here, in Texas, we have no need!! LOL

grf va any cat 1, 3 point hitch, 25 hp, 60" or less, snow blower requiring 540 PTO rpm, will "work" BUT, the 8N reverse ground speed is way too fast. you need to creep with a blower. if you had a hi/lo transmission that would split reverse, maybe.
Jon Beard Erskine makes a snowblower that will work. It mounts on the 3pt. and is made forward facing so you can drive in first or second. They are a bit pricey about $4000 and are sold locally by Duer implement.
Doug I have a completely restored (from the ground up) 1950 8N. I have a pull type snowblower that runs off the PTO as well. Although I am only the third owner of this tractor I have never used this blower. It has been stored inside for more than 25 years. It is looking for a good home and I can certainly forward some pictures. Compared to today's blowers probably not near as efficient, but to a collector I am sure it would be a welcome addition.
Roger Doug,
Do you still have the snowblower? I know a guy here in Nebraska who collects these things and was talking about a snowblower the other day.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford 9N, 2N, 8N, NAA Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: