What size brush hog can I put on my 8N?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford 9N, 2N, 8N, NAA Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

What size brush hog can I put on my 8N?

Phil Richardson I have an 8N (1949?)and want to add a brush hog to mow my orchard. What size would work best on it,4,5 or 6 foot? Also the bucket when full tends to drop, so the hydraulics may need work.

Any advise? Thanks, Phil

dave c I have a 9n with a 6 foot brush hog on it it wouldnt hardly run it until i ported and polished the intake and exhaust ports and a 3 angle valve job does fine now
Dave Stouwie I have a 5 ft on my 9N that does a good job without porting or polishing. The tractor is stock and I brush hog approx 8 acres of tall weeds and small blackjack trees. Make sure you have a clutch pto or it will push you when you want to stop.
Michael I have a 6 ft on mine, but mine is a 52 funk conversion, meaning it has a six cylinder in it,more power than stock, but I have friends and a brother-in-law that have regular 8N tractors and they have no problem pulling and cutting with a 6 ft mower. You will have to have a good hydralic system, and they do make the front ends light. You may have to uses your brakes more to turn sharp!
Hope this helped!!!

Rusty Grimes We have a 1939 9N with a 5ft. hog and we take care of 100 acres worth of hunting land. It does want to bog sometimes but it does great considering the horsepower!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford 9N, 2N, 8N, NAA Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: