SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford Jubilee Battery Size??

KC Hello-
Just purchased a 1953 Ford Jubilee and it has a 12volt converstion. I have to replace the battery and wondering what battery size/battery brand/etc you all would recommend?
Thanks!!

mark sr I also have a 53 NAA converted to 12 volt. Too tired to run out to the barn to find out the specifics but basically any battery that will fit in the holder will work. I always figure the more cranking amps the better but it doesn't take a whole lot to crank the tractor.
Jim Loveridge It's a group 1 size battery.
Butch Measure the box and get a battery that fits tight.
Make sure you get one with the post in the right spots for your cables to fit good.
I always buy Interstate Batteries with around 800 CCA and around 1000 CA.
When you price the difference between a 500 CCA -750 CA to a 800 CCA - 1000 CCA and take into the consideration the better warranty I always buy the better battery. Usually get 7 or more years out of the good ones.

Butch
When you price the difference between a 500 CCA -750 CA to a 800 CCA - 1000 CA

I wrote 1000 CCA in my last post

Butch Another thing with batteries is to secure them down good. Batteries not secured good bouncing around and getting alot od vibration doesn't do them any good.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: