SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ford 1952 8N tractor

sam I have a 1952 Ford Model 8N tractor. I converted from a 6 volt generator to a 12 volt alternator (Delco brand 1 wire). Now when I start the engine the alternator is discharging at 9.99 volts. What is the problem?
Bob G The problem is that that your are trying to convert it!! Had to say that!!

I would take the alt to a auto parts store and have it checked. Assume it is wired right.

Jim Loveridge The tractor was originaly positive ground. If you made it negitive ground as part of the conversion than you need to reverse the wires on the ammeter. I think it's probably charging just fine. A lot of guys get rid of the ammeter and wire in a volt meter through the ignition switch.
Bob G Jim, sounds like a good possibility, I missed that idea.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: