SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

9N running really rough

Bob Wojtach Guys, I need help. I have a 9 N that has run great up until today. The engine stalled while cutting grass. When it fired back up, it ran with a lot of backfire and the engine was ticking bad. I just replaced all 4 spark plugs, plug wires, and distributor cap. The engine is still running bad. I am not getting smoke real bad. What else could it be?
Bob G I would check for fuel flow thru the carb by removing the plug in the bottom of carb. you should get a pint in 2 to 3 minutes. If fuel is running out the carb air intake the float may be stuck. try tapping on carb with a wooden handle. don't baeat on it , just tap. might check rotor in dist. where is the ticking coming from?
mark sr Have you checked/cleaned your fuel filters? You might also want to check your compression.
Jim Loveridge Could you have reciently put some bad gas in it?
Bob Wojtach Thanks, I will try that. The ticking sounds like its coming from the exhaust and/or manifold.
Larry That noise from the manifold could be a crack. Might have happened when it backfired.
Bob G The noise may be a bad manifold or gasket.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: