SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

9N running really rough

Bob Wojtach Guys, I need help. I have a 9 N that has run great up until today. The engine stalled while cutting grass. When it fired back up, it ran with a lot of backfire and the engine was ticking bad. I just replaced all 4 spark plugs, plug wires, and distributor cap. The engine is still running bad. I am not getting smoke real bad. What else could it be?
Bob G I would check for fuel flow thru the carb by removing the plug in the bottom of carb. you should get a pint in 2 to 3 minutes. If fuel is running out the carb air intake the float may be stuck. try tapping on carb with a wooden handle. don't baeat on it , just tap. might check rotor in dist. where is the ticking coming from?
mark sr Have you checked/cleaned your fuel filters? You might also want to check your compression.
Jim Loveridge Could you have reciently put some bad gas in it?
Bob Wojtach Thanks, I will try that. The ticking sounds like its coming from the exhaust and/or manifold.
Larry That noise from the manifold could be a crack. Might have happened when it backfired.
Bob G The noise may be a bad manifold or gasket.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):