SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

8n ford tractor 3 point lift

samuel jenkins just rebuilt engine on 8n but 3 pont hitch will not pic up bushhog but about 2 inches lift works fine with nothing attached whats wrong and how do i fix it please
Bob G I assume you checked the fluid level. I would take the right side inspecion panel off and look like trying to lift the mower. could be leaking from the cylinder. If you have the FO-4 service manual, there is agood section in it about the hydraulic system.
Good luck

Jim Loveridge I don't have anything to add to what Bob said, but isn't that the way it goes? You just re-built the engine and now something else goes wrong. Your tractor is punishing you for taking it apart.:)
samuel jenkins thanks for your comments, and true thats the way it goes, im not a mechanic by any means the rebuilding of the engine was a fun experience but i injoyed it somewhat. but yes sir i filled it with fluid but if was going bad before i rebuilt the engine and i will try to find a manual maybe i can find one on line.I appreciate the help from you both,have a blessed day
wjones1024 You might try adjusting the quad (four bolts that hold the up and down lift lever). It slides back and forth when the bolts are loosend up.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: