SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

8N Hydraulic lift

Bill 1949 8N--In the repair manual I'm looking at said the Cam Follower pin may get worn, What wears on this pin? Also, on the touch control lever there is a stud (called "D" in the picture) that looks like it should have something on it, (The pin is on the control arm below the draft control spring point and I think is a leverage point) What should be attached to it? Does anyone have a pic. of what this looks like?
Bob G The cam follower pin is worn by the cam. I just put everything back in the 8N I am working on so can not get a picture of it, and my book is out in my shop. Will take a look and figure out what parts you are talking about. I took mine all apart 6 months ago and when i went to put it together, it took a bit of suding the book to geet it back togethemr right. Not a lot to it really. Just looks difficult.
Bob G Nothing goes on the pin on the control arm. When the piston is at full travel, the piston hits that pin telling the pump to stop pumping.
HTH

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: