SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

8N Hydraulic lift

Bill 1949 8N--In the repair manual I'm looking at said the Cam Follower pin may get worn, What wears on this pin? Also, on the touch control lever there is a stud (called "D" in the picture) that looks like it should have something on it, (The pin is on the control arm below the draft control spring point and I think is a leverage point) What should be attached to it? Does anyone have a pic. of what this looks like?
Bob G The cam follower pin is worn by the cam. I just put everything back in the 8N I am working on so can not get a picture of it, and my book is out in my shop. Will take a look and figure out what parts you are talking about. I took mine all apart 6 months ago and when i went to put it together, it took a bit of suding the book to geet it back togethemr right. Not a lot to it really. Just looks difficult.
Bob G Nothing goes on the pin on the control arm. When the piston is at full travel, the piston hits that pin telling the pump to stop pumping.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):