SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 9n Hydraulic lift problem

Rob Heilman Hi, I just bought a Ford 9n from an auction so I do not know any of the background regarding this tractor. Currently the Hydraulic lift does not work at all. I have removed the inspection cover and everything moves when you move the lift lever and the piston does not appear to be stuck. The lift arms can be lifted manually and fall back to the ground with no resistance. The fluid appears to be new and I suspect was changed by the previous owner to see if this would solve the problem. I was going to rebuild the pump but wanted to see if there is anything else I should do to further my diagnose before doing this.

Thanks In advance

Bob G You do know that the PTO has to be turning before the pump will work. The pump is driven off of the PTO shaft. lever on left side by your heel is the PTO lever.
Good Luck

Bill Jones I had the same problem recently. I had just rebuilt he hydrolics on my 9n. New oil, overhauled the pump etc. After all that the 3-point would not work. After several days of thinking and considering pulling the pump it accured to me that the pump may be air locked. I pulled the side covers off and with the use of a 4-inch crecent wrench removed the upper plugs in the pump. Kind of messey, you know, putting your hand in all that oil. Well what do you know air starting bubbling slowly out of the pump. Put it all together and it worked. No were in the FO manual does it talk about bleeding the thing!
bernie bornick Turn pto on and the hydraulic arms come up with the lever down, even with the bush hog on the back????
mike oconnor my lift wont lift much weight had to reve the engine get it lift 2 cinder blocks the arms move freely with no resistence when tractor is of its had a lift kit put in before i bought it 2 yrs ago
mike oconnor i replaced pump control valve lift raises but will not lower i think its the relief valve any input would be appreciated
Brian I have a 1940 9n, the hydraulics will not lift any weight at all, if you lift the arms and run the hydraulics up it will hold the arms up. I was just wondering where to start? I have checked the levels and they are good. Thank you for any help.
Werner Hi, I have a fiat 615 tractor and the hyrdaulic lift does not work. I replaced the pump and installed a new lift kit but it still won't work.

Any advice will be appreciated

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: