SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

8n throttle lever

Kevin Siler If I want to run my 8n close to wide open my throttle lever will not stay up that high and drops back a little. The teeth on my throttle plate is wore out. I figure that is part of the problem but did not know if I should adjust the linkage on the throttle or not.
Ronnie G Is the spring attached to the throttle lever & the block? That also supports the lever to hold stationary where you put it...
Kevin S Hey Ronnie, thanks for your reply. It looks like the spring is attached to the lever and the block. Is their adjustments down at the spring?
Kevin S I found the adjustment at the spring with the 2 bolts. It seemed to be already adjusted about as tight as it would go but I did go ahead and tweek it a little more. I think I am going to put a new throttle plate on for grins and giggles. I also noticed that my throttle lever will not change the speed of the tractor until you raise it a pretty good ways up. I believe my linkage from the carburetor to the governor is wore out and also the main linkage from the throttle lever to the governor. I am going to order new and try that this week. Let me know if you have any further ideas. THANKS ALOT
Bob G It also may be time to overhaul the governor.

If you do not have an FO-4 service manual, now would be agood time to get one.

Kevin S Thanks for the reply Bob. I definitely need that FO-4 manual. The service manual that I have can be hard to follow. The pictures are in black and white and not very clear.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: