SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

8n throttle lever

Kevin Siler If I want to run my 8n close to wide open my throttle lever will not stay up that high and drops back a little. The teeth on my throttle plate is wore out. I figure that is part of the problem but did not know if I should adjust the linkage on the throttle or not.
Ronnie G Is the spring attached to the throttle lever & the block? That also supports the lever to hold stationary where you put it...
Kevin S Hey Ronnie, thanks for your reply. It looks like the spring is attached to the lever and the block. Is their adjustments down at the spring?
Kevin S I found the adjustment at the spring with the 2 bolts. It seemed to be already adjusted about as tight as it would go but I did go ahead and tweek it a little more. I think I am going to put a new throttle plate on for grins and giggles. I also noticed that my throttle lever will not change the speed of the tractor until you raise it a pretty good ways up. I believe my linkage from the carburetor to the governor is wore out and also the main linkage from the throttle lever to the governor. I am going to order new and try that this week. Let me know if you have any further ideas. THANKS ALOT
Bob G It also may be time to overhaul the governor.

If you do not have an FO-4 service manual, now would be agood time to get one.

Kevin S Thanks for the reply Bob. I definitely need that FO-4 manual. The service manual that I have can be hard to follow. The pictures are in black and white and not very clear.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):