Ford 555B Back Hoe

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 555B Back Hoe

Todd Umphrey My dad has a Ford 555B back hoe. We don't know what year it is but I know it is quite old. It is a two wheel drive. The problem is there is a delay when I put the shuttle shift into forward or reverse. It takes a few seconds before it engages and then it jerks a little when it takes off. The bucket, the hoe, the stabilizer feet and brakes all work fine without any hesitation. There is no noise of any kind (adverse clunking, whining, etc) when I engage the shuttle shift. A friend of mine has several theories but says hopefully the easiest answer is to adjust how hard, or easy, the shuttle shift engages; only problem is we can not find the adjustment screw (all of my friends experience is with his John Deere diesel back hoe and 3020 tractor). His other theory is that an orifice hole may be partially blocked by a piece of dirt. He said if this is the problem we should run it until it is hot, drain the hydraulic lines, blow air in it backwards and then refill it. Any one have any suggestions. Todd
guss trans is seperate from hydrolic.there is no ujustments on trans that i remember of.just check to see all the shift lever brackets ind gromets are good and tight.
Den6104 Make sure you have enough fluid in the trans. I believe its in the cab under or by the brake (looks like a head of a nut), unscrew it and it has the dipstick attached right on it. Second (I know this sounds simple), but if you are idling to high this will do exactly what you are saying it does. These do not idle high at all and sometimes it feels like it might stall when you are idleing but you do not, or your idle is set (or stuck),on the stick when you go to high idle for you backhoe. Hope this helps.
Dennis

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: