ford 1320 with 914 belly mower - help!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ford 1320 with 914 belly mower - help!

Kelly Johnson Can someone tell me how to remove the nut holding the spindle assembly in place. The blade came off really easy but there is no way to hold the pulley while trying to remove the nut on top of the pulley. Is it left-hand thread. We have tried to turn it loose as a left-hand and right-hand. How can we hold the pulley and get this off. We have the new spindle and bearings to replace it.
Thanks,
Kelly
Scott F. I have the same rig and just took mine off (an hour or so ago):
Put the blade back on (it has righthand threads) and then loosen the spindle nut under the grease fitting (lefthand threads) while holding the blade nut with a wrench. As you do this, the blade nut gets tighter as you losen the other one. once loosened, you can either leave the blade on to replace the bearing or remove the blade before the spindle gets too loose by blocking the blade and wrenching off the blade bolt. I need to get a new 6008Z bearing too, and maybe a new pulley. Good luck.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: