bottom pulley on crank

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

bottom pulley on crank

BILL BOLDIN bottom pulley on 8N wobbles bad tractor running ok
any ideals why its doing this?
Duffy Assuming you are talking about the crankshaft pulley that runs the water pump and generator. When I replaced my oil pan gaskets I took my old crankshaft pulley off and replaced it with a new pulley that's made to hold an adapter for a hydraulic pump. The pulley and shaft don't have a standard woodruff keyway slot. The pulley has a small notch cut into the back face of the shoulder and the crankshaft has a tab on it that matches up with the notch. The pulley fits on the crankshaft snuggley and would appear to me to have to come loose quite a ways before it would wobble. By that point the key slot would disengage and I would think that the pulley would just slip. If the pulley is bolted down tight, the only other thing I can think of is that it is damaged in some way.

MickeyRourkeqwb Eddie800 a href="http://frogger.com/"poker/aqwb

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: