Ford WorkMaster 601 Transmission problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford WorkMaster 601 Transmission problems

Slug I have a WorkMaster 601. It's tranny seems to be allowing the fluid to leek into the rear end. It takes the same fluid both places according to my I&T manual so I'm too worried about it hurting it but, It's a pain that every hour or so I have to stop and drain the fluid from the rear end and put it back into the tranny. This is very unproductive. My question is, is there an easy way to fix this? Do I have to have the tractor seperated to fix this? That's what I was told had to happen.
Blue Buddy not real familiar with that exact model #, but am pretty sure it is the same as all the rest, so I am going to say yer on the right track with planning to split the tractor between the trans and rear housing, the seal on one of the shafts is leaking, and could mean you have a bigger problem starting, ie-a bearing failure
Daniel Kovar I have the same problem with my 601 tranny fluid getting into my rear end and i was wondering what you did to fix this, if you split the tractor what else did you find, just a bad seal or was there more! thanks for your time!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: