power steering leak

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

power steering leak

Phil Conley I have a power steering leak just below the steering wheel - it looks like it is coming out of the steering shaft. I need to if any body has seen this or knows how to fix this problem.
Lewis What tractor do you have?
Phil Conley Hi LEWIS, i think it is a 2000 series Ford tractor , this tractor has a 3 cyclinder diesel engine. i have looked all over the tractor and even bought some repair manuals to find out what kind of tractor i have but still not sure.
Phil Conley HI LEWIS, I think it is a 2000 series Ford tractor,this tractor has a 3 cyclinder diesel engine.
Billy 2000 tractors had 3 cylinder from 65-74 and 4 cylinder from 62-64. The steering column has an oil seal on the very bottom just above the valve. Either the seal is bad or the shaft is worn. Pull 3 bolts out of bottom of column and pull off.
Lewis Hi Phil,
I have a 3000 Ford and it leaks steering fluid around the seal at the top of the steering column.
This is a fairly common problem and can be repaired by pulling the stering wheel and replacing the seal. Instructions are in the repair manuals. Gool Luck!!

Billy The seal just below the steering wheel is a dust seal and used only to keep dirt out of steering column. Replacing this might help for a while, but the seal you need to really look at is at the bottom of the column where it bolts onto the valve. This is the actual oil seal. There is also an o ring which sits in a groove at the base of the column. Ford part number for oil seal is 83929295. o ring is 1707280.
Mike Little My friend has a 1965 3000 Ford. When he turns the steering wheel to the right it sprays oil up around the column and when he turns it to the left it does not leak. Any help would be great.
zan ok help i have a ford model 335 grading tractor and power steering leaks bad at top of steering column turn left no problem turn right it leaks out the top i have replaced the very bottom two large o rings plus the seals on the steering column it still leaks question and help is the p.s. pump bad steering column bad or do i do not know what i am doing any ideas go vikings
barry stephenson remove panel under fuel tank around steering box and check for security and damaged pipes in this area.
it sounds like one side is loose or has a leaking hose

dUKE
Re: power steering leak

HI, i HAVE THE SAME LEAK.

I took all 3 bolts out and attempted to raise the
the steering up, however, I was unable to free it loose, I tapped on it tried to pry it, no dice
would not free up.
Any suggestions
Duke

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: