Ford 3000 Fluid in Trans. Milky

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 3000 Fluid in Trans. Milky

Roy Raymer What would cause the fluid in the trans. of Ford 3000 disel with power steering to be milky looking.
Dave Ferrell I have the same problem with my Ford 2000. I drained it today. It has got to be water that has seeped into the trans. I have not lost any water from the radiator/engine so I do not think that is the culprit, tractor is parked under a pole barn so it is not the rain! I'm going by the Ford place tomorrow to get some more fluid, I'll ask them and let you know. Let me know if you hear anything. If it's not one thing it's another!!! Good Luck!!
Roy Raymer I went by my dealer today, he told me the same thing, it's got to be water, but how, I keep in tool shed, and other than getting caught in rain,
which is seldom, the only other time, is washing it down. I plan to drain trans. and power steering,and replace fluid and see what happens.

David Ferrell Ray, yea I went by the shop today and what you say is correct-water. he said it runs down the gear shift sticks and goes into the transmission, either rain or from washing it. i bought 2 rubber boots to deflect the water (slide them down the gear shifts). i drained the transmission and put new 134 oil in there (and a lot of it too!) should be good to go. just be careful in the rain or when washing it. thanks for the information, and good luck to you!
Dave Ferrell
Havana, Florida

J. Archer I have the same problem my 2000. Until I replaced the rubber seals Dave is talking about.

Water being heavier than oil I let the tractor set for a week, the water would separate from the oil and sink to the bottom, then without starting it, I losened the drain plug let the water drain until oil came out you can see the difference, then topped it off to teh level plug.

Now have manual steering gear problem, turning to the right it is fine, but turning to teh left, no resistance and teh wheel and shaft RISE as if coming unthreaded....... ever hear of this?

Thanks

J. Archer Flynn Texas

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: