Ford 4000 gas and temp gauge not working

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 4000 gas and temp gauge not working

Matt Moore I am assuming this is a fuse, but I can't find the darn things.

Can anyone point me to where the fuses are located?

-Matt

JOE there are no fuses, on one side of the gauge it self there is a 12 v wire, the other side of the gauge has a wire that goes straight to the fuel sending unit, the fuel sending unit is a variable resistor to ground, the temp gauge is tha same, unplug the wire on the temp sending unit at the engine, with the key on, ground the sending unit wire to the engine block on a scraped bolt head or something, the gauge should move all the way , do the same thing with the fuel sending unit wire on the fuel tank, unplug it and ground it, the fuel gauge should sweep to the right, if both gauges function when grounded out then this tells you the sending units on both are bad, if the gauges do not function then problem is in wireing, pull the dash pannel and check all connections
Timothy Drake I had a fuse blown on my 1967 4000. When I replaced the fuse, my oil pressure light and generator light started working. I can not remember if the other gauges were working at that time. I did find out that my generator was bad that way. That fuse is under the dash. I had to remove the 4 screws and the entire gauge/speedometer assemby came out.
ELMER PARMETER JR I recently purchase a ford 4000 and the gauges didn`t work. I checked the fuse,it was good,checked the wiring and found that the genaretor was replaced with a altanator.So how do i get the gauges to work,and how would i hook up a tach. I have the ford 4000 3 cylinder diesel not sure what year it is.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: