Ford 2000 Clutch Question

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 2000 Clutch Question

Tony I have a mid 60's Ford 2000 3 cyl gas with what I think is a 2 stage clutch. My problem is I can't engage the pto if I have my bushhog hooked up. If I push in the clutch all the way it just grinds. I have to start the tractor with the pto engaged. The reason I think it is a 2 stage clutch is the transmission works fine with the clutch with or without the bushog. I'm assuming the pto stage of the clutch is frozen to the pressure plate. My first question is how can you tell if you have a non working 2 stage clutch and is there any way to unfreeze it easily without tearing it down. Also, Tom G if you read this, I want to thank you for all the info on the long splitter.
steve : I have a mid 60's Ford 2000 3 cyl gas with what I think is a 2 stage clutch. My problem is I can't engage the pto if I have my bushhog hooked up. If I push in the clutch all the way it just grinds. I have to start the tractor with the pto engaged. The reason I think it is a 2 stage clutch is the transmission works fine with the clutch with or without the bushog. I'm assuming the pto stage of the clutch is frozen to the pressure plate. My first question is how can you tell if you have a non working 2 stage clutch and is there any way to unfreeze it easily without tearing it down. Also, Tom G if you read this, I want to thank you for all the info on the long splitter.
I have a ford 3000 diesel, it has a two stagae clutch, and at first it was pretty easy to engage the pto whith the tractor running, now it grinds, it may be a linkage problem or a worn down clutch, try the linkage adjustment first the pto disengages on the lower stroke,steve

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: