3000 Ford hydraulic lift

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

3000 Ford hydraulic lift

Bill Long My hydraulic lift was slow to lift during warm weather, but worked OK once it started moving. During cold weather (40 degrees-below) it will not work at all. Any ideas?
Baba if you can lift a heavy load and it moves slow but holds when up then the fault may be the pump. restricted inlet(plugged filter or strainer)water in oil if it is a vane pump cold heavy oil will prevent the vanes from contacting the bore they will be frozen in there slots
steve I had a similar problem it turned out to be simple, the pump was loosing its prime. if you put a little hydraulic oil around the upper end of the big line ( return line) that should seal the pipe and you should get lift right a way, I had to replace the "O" ring and it fixed the problem. I would start there, Steve
Michael Huber I had the same problem. It could be the control valve or the unloading valve sticking which is on the cylinder which is attached to the lift cover. You will need a lift cylinder kit and pull the lift cylinder cover to inspect these two valves and will be able to look at the suction filter at the same time. Another problem which we found to be our problem was the seal on the wobble shaft on the pump itself was leaking allowing the pump to suck air in from the engine itself. The pump would "inhale" enough air to cause it to cavitate until the fluid was warm at which time the pump was able to compensate with enough fluid to raise the lift although not as fast as it should have. After going through the pump, the lift now will come up even at extreme low temperatures with no hesitation.
mando My 3000 Ford Tractor lift does not hold. Does it use regular 90w gear oil? is that why it does not hold? Help!
Herman Dunn my 3000 ford diesel 3 point lift picks up ok ,but when you set it to work position.IT will not stay goes on to bottom ,unless you catch it by lifting up on it as it goes down and hold it with lift lever. The lift has not been worked on while I have had it,last 3 yrs. any advice welcome

Herman Dunn need new ideas on this

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: