need help with my ford 4400

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

need help with my ford 4400

coffey it was running fine, then i had it move to a new job site. and now it is real hard to start? just filled it up today, did not help. i have only had the tractor for a week. it worked great till i had it moved. once i get it started it runs ok but not 100% and when i shut it off it wil not start again until i let it sit a long time?
Jimmy Diesel or Gas?
coffey Diesel
batemanlb Not really an expert, but the first thing I would check is for waer in the fuel. Might do this by cheking the fuel filter at the same time.
If the above is not the problem, try bleeding the line.

Jimmy There are two levers on the fuel pump. One is for the shutoff. This moves the fuel rack to the full on or off position. See if the lever moves all of the way each direction.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: