Ford 5000 Clutch Problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 5000 Clutch Problem

Len Sholes I am wondering if anyone has run across the problem where the clutch will not disengage. It almost feels like the pressure plate and throw out bearing are out of adjustment as I cannot disconnect the clutch pedal linkage without putting a spacer between the bellcrank and housing due to so much pressure on the pin. I am just about to split the machine but thought I would ask the question to see if I get any input. I found the transmission full of water and when I removed the starter I found all sorts of rust on the flywheel and ring gear. Don't ask me how the water got in there. It is almost like the unit was submerged. Anyhow my theory is that the pilot bearing is seized to the transmission input shaft causing the direct drive condition and I think I am going to find the problems with the throwout bearing and pressure plate. Does anyone has any ideas on what I am going to find when I get it taken apart? Thanks in advance.
george At this point I would use kroil, wd40
or P blast and spray everything. Give
it a few days and see if you can free it up.
If the disk is siezed to the flywheel, you
may be able to do the old trick of starting in
gear and slowly driving into a BIG tree, with the
pedal depressed. Farmers have used this technique
for many years to free up stuck plates.

Ron Drake Looks to me like you are heading in the right direction. I would also loosen the drain plugs on rear end and hyd. system and see if water comes out. I'd bet you have a good cleaning job ahead of you in the clutch area.
neil If driving into a tree just digs a hole with back wheels like it happened to me I just started tractor in gear and drove around with clutch depressed. Eventually vibration heat etc. did the trick. Good luck.
Gary the clutch seems to be slipping on my Ford 5000 about a 1968 or 1969 model. Is the clutch wore out or is there another problem - like oil or water around the clutch

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: