Ford 3000 Hydraulics

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 3000 Hydraulics

Colin B Just bought a 1966 3000 and the previous owner said the 3 point hitch worked slow, it will lift weight at a tickover but lifts in jerks, if the engine is reved up they stop lifting. it had a rebuild kit in the pump at some time but apparently it did not improve it. have removed the pressure relief valve from underneath and it seems ok.some people say it needs a pump off anewer force model,others say it is not the pump but one of the valves inside the backend. Has anyone else had this problem and what did they find was the fault?
Paulrl I have a 1970 Ford 3000 also. It lifts in jerks also but has no problem with any weight. The Ford dealer said that it might be air in the system and it might go away with use. It shouldn't hurt to use it that way.
Michael Replace the seal on the wobble shaft on the pump. It is probably leaking and air is getting into the pump. When you rev the motor up, you are creating more engine oil pressure which forces more air into the pump and causes more cavitation.
Colin B just fitted a gear type hydraulic pump from a
3600,had to cut and weld the pipes as the fittings are different but now have hydraulics that work fine.

Bobby B I just bought a Ford 3000, possibly 1968.I took the sellers word every thing worked. When I got it home the hydraulic three point hitch will raise up but will not lift hardly any weight. It will lift a boom, however I weight 170lbs and can pull it down. Hyd. Oil full. PLEASE, ANY SUGESTIONS?????

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: