Fordson Major Diesel

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Fordson Major Diesel

John Greenlee How do I determine who made the 4 cylinder diesel on my tractor. I cannot find any serial numbers. Any casting numbers?
AJ The Fordson Major was fitted with a Ford 4D diesel engine,the Major was UK made,if you look on the block on the injector pump side near the back and near the cylinder head joint you should find a flat spot with the numbers stamped there,I think that the model number was E2700.
AJ

Robert Flegner I have a 1953 fordson fmd. I have a Garrison (21 series)power steering valve on it and my power steering fluid Gets so hot and comes out the top of the resevior. Is there some way I could rplace the pump and resevior. I am wondering what causes this and how can it be fixed. I have a front end loader on it.
Thank you,
Rob

max barrington The hydrolic oil gets hot because of the pressure it is under so you need either more capasite or a higher grade of oil if you have a five gallon system or better then you need to change to a hydrolic oil that is made for trans. that does not foam as much or brake down as quick. This oil costs about eight dollors more a gallon but will last twice as long.
Cliff Hackney The impliment lift arms on my Fordson Major Diesel will not go down. The model number is 1290873. Can anyone tell me why?
steven schroeder find a fordson ? serial # 08C980446 trying to find out what year and make. its 4 cylinder diesel
doug brown will engine out of fordson made in 1954 fit directly into 1960 model? they both appear to be same model, I have serial numbers from both numbers at home.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: