hard starting601 workmaster

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

hard starting601 workmaster

bob tractor starts for a few seconds and dies will not try to start again until you let it sit for an hour or so. it has new plugs and points etc. wires condensor in it runs great when it does start but occasionally gives problems starting it beside myself i quess seems to appear to be no reason for having problems starting any suggestions on this problem to be solved i would appreciate it
Roger Don't overlook the distributor cap, rotor and coil. See if you can just try a coil from another machine before buying a new one.
george My 9N was doing similar after I replaced
the manifold and blew out the carb. When
the weather turned cold (4 degrees). I
cranked and cranked the 6 volt starter.
Finally, I took out plugs, installed new
ones and cranked with 12 volts and she started
like never had a problem. I blame it on too
much fuel fouling plugs. SAhe also starts with
the orriginal 6 volt after about 3 revolutions.
Also with the plugs out I connected to the
new plugs but left them out of the head to
see 4 sparks.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: