1955 Ford 600 Tractor Clutch Problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1955 Ford 600 Tractor Clutch Problem

Brownie How do I pop the clutch loose? It will not release.
george If you arfe lucky, the clutch plate is
just frozen to the flywheel. When this
happens on my old corvette I warm the
engine up in neutral. Then shut off and
put it in second. Override starter and start
it, as it is moving I jamb brakes and clutch.
Be ready to kill switch if it does not brake.

I would do the same thing with the tractor but
place the tractor a few feet from BIG tree
to act as the brake.

If it will not brake free you have a bigger
problem.

Brownie Thanks George. I had already tried your suggestion to no avail. I think the clutch plate is probably frozen to the flywheel with rust. This occured after a period of inactivity and lots of rain. I welcome any ideas.

george My 800 clutch was frozen like yours.
The tree stop did not work either.
In one way I was lucky that the 800
had a 62 jeep engine installed and the
butcher broke away the casting around
the flywheel. I was able to reach in
and loosen the clutch bolts till I was
able to slide in a putty knife. However,
the knife would not go in on 30% of the
plate. So I guess the jeep? ford? clutch
fingers are broken or misalighned with
the throw out bearing. Some day I will fix
it..
Some tractors have an inspection plate
hole underneath. I wonder if you can do
the same cressure plate loosining?

Bjohn I have the same problem with my 841 and am about to do split the tractor. Would love to hear of an easier way.
Larry Drag it aways in gear with another tractor or truck. worked for me.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: