Ford 3000 horsepower?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 3000 horsepower?

Emil HI i have a farm and can only get out to it 2 to 4 times a year. I need to buy a tractor to mow the land. The grass is around 4ft tall and i am wondering if the for 3000 will have enough power to the pto to mow it. I am also wondering if it is an all around good working tractor. If you know please tell me how easy it is to get parts for. the guy who is selling it is selling it for $3500 with a 5ft brush hog and i am wondering if that is a reasonable price. any help would be great thank you.
george If it has a 5 ft brush hog on it
it should work for you. Horse power
should be in mid 30's. There is a gas
and a diesel version. All kinds of
parts are available. Make sure all
features work, motor, trans, 3 point,
and PTO. Any one of these not working
will cost the price of the tractor to fix.

Price sounds ok with hog. Prefer AG
tires. Turf only allows work in dry
weather. Useless for anything else.

4Ft high grass will be strenuious on the
machine and you, may have to make two passes.
A sickel bar would work ok ($1000) used and
depending on rocks may be damaged. But it would
cut 4' in one pass.

lots of luck

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: