1954 Ford 800 Tractor ( clutch replasement advice)

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1954 Ford 800 Tractor ( clutch replasement advice)

Pete Bruno Hi Guys,
I have a 1954 800 Ford Tracter that needs a clutch replaced. Wonder if you have any litature
pertaining to this project? Maybe a page out of a manual or some verble advice on how to go about it
I'm mechanicaly able, but some input would be very welcome. e-mail me any time or call at
(607)-844-9952, call collect if you want.
Thank You Very Much,
PETE PS I know I have to split
it, but that's OK.

george I have a similar problem, only with a twist.
My 800 has a 62 jeep engine installed in
place of the orriginal motor. In order to
make it fit someone had to butcher the flywheel
front housing and change the front motor mounts.
I have to replace the clutch (FORD or JEEP?)
and the pressure plate (FORD or JEEP?).

I think all that is necessary is to unbolt the
motor mounts, and unbolt the motor from the
flywheel housing. Then use a motor puller to
slightly lift the engine. It should walk off the
spline of the trans.
I am not sure of the clearance between the front
of the engine and the radiator frame. But if
there is enough clearance for the spline to disengage it should tilt up and away from the
trans.
debalko@hotmail.com

Geo Walker just did the job! the IT manual details it including adjustment setting for the pressure plate. get one, you won't regret it.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: