Ford 600 wiring diagram

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 600 wiring diagram

Todd Does anyone have a Ford 600 wiring diagram?
Todd I need this for a 6 volt to 12 volt conversion.
Tim Fleming I had a part's manual, but have seem to have lost it. I have some trouble with the wiring and need a diagranm. If you have any information I would appreciate it. Thanks Tim
Bill Ward You don't need a diagram. Just get a generator such as came on a 57 ford car it will be 12v, geta a 12v coil with an internal resistor, reverse the terminals when hooking up the coil as 6v fords used a positive ground system and 12v is negative ground. Use a 12v battery. Change the voltage regulator such as a 57 ford regulator. You are now in business. It will start very well in cold weather. Don't touch the starter because the 6v wiring is much heavier that 12v. It will spin faster than original but this is good. The voltage reg wires go in the same place as the one you are replacing.

I have changed many and it works wonderful

BW

Wayne Byrd If someone has the diagram for this tractor * 8N 224 670 or 570 * Hard to read but I think it is the 670. 1947 or 1948 model we think. If someone could e-mail me the wiring diagram it would be muchly appreciated.

Thankyou,

Wayne Byrd

Chris i believe the wiring is right. However, the battery has to be charged up everytime i use the tractor. When it is starting it is showing the battery discharging.
Ideas?

Fred Ager Bill Ward,with all due respect i too want to do this conversion but i think it involves a bit more than has been stated. Apparently a part of this conversion require that a "dummy load " condition be created on the 12v generator(alternator).Also it has been recommended to me that a mid 80,s GM alternator with a built in voltage regulator would be more desirable than your 57 Ford (which is now an antique and would fetch a premium price whereas mid 80,s GM alternators are as common as dirt. Comments please.
fred ager i now have a 1973 gmc alternator with built in voltage regulator,plus a 12 volt coil.as i am certain that my stand alone factory solenoid (6 volt) is dead or dying (due to the fact that i had to whack it with a stick to get it to function) i am going to replace it.Should i replace it with an adaptable (and if so what) 12v solenoid or can i replace it with the original 6 volt Ford solenoid to work with the 12 volt conversion negative ground? Thanks.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: