Ford 5000 hydraulic oil filter replacement

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 5000 hydraulic oil filter replacement

Mark Dunklin My father has a Ford 5000 tractor. He thinks its approx 1980.He was told by dealer to change the hydraulic oil filter he would have to be disassembled in center. Is this is how the filter is changed.
Russell Armstrong : My father has a Ford 5000 tractor. He thinks its approx 1980.He was told by dealer to change the hydraulic oil filter he would have to be disassembled in center. Is this is how the filter is changed.

Would call Ford/New Holland Dealer and ask mechanic to play it safe.
I have a 1970 5000 and that is exactly how it is replaced on this tractor. Break it apart under your seat between the tranny and differential housing. Matter of fact, it was done today! Also, Check the fuild pick-up tube inlet. There should be a metal screen of some type and make sure it is clean and free of any trash. Mine sure needed it after years of bushhogging pasture and cotton.HTH. -RA-

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: