ford 9n

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ford 9n

AL Need help!
I have a 9N that won't idle well and the old carb was rebuilt with no luck and then a new carb.installed with no luck and the ignition system is all new.Also all the cylinders are hitting.
I have yet to do a compression test,I will do this in the next day or so.
I have removed the exhaust manifold to check it and it appears to be ok but do these crack inside and cause vacuum leaks?
Also the rear end has a howel in it when driving along and it gets worse when you use the hydrallic lift,what might this be?

jerry cowan I`m not gonna be much help,but I have a 2N and had problems with the throttle linkage sticking (causing it to run at high or low rpms).Good luck!
steve I too had a 9n that I had problems with the idle, there was a screen in the gas bowl between the gas tank and the carb. that was plugged. as for the howl in the rear-end I changed the oil in the rear-end and that helped some. Other then that I am not much help.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: