Ford 1920 oil pressure

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 1920 oil pressure

John I have a 1992 ford 1920, seems to fun fine but have a problem with the oil pressure light. When cold, at idle (around 900 rpm) the light stays out. As it warms up the light comes on. As it starts warming up the light will come on around 1100 rpm, the warmer it gets it will come on around 1400 rpm. Never seems to come on above 1400-1500 rpm. Tried changing oils (10w-30, 15w-40) doesn't seem to make much difference. Any ideas?
Jim John - have a 1900 with 1978 hours on it presenting similar symptoms - did you ever find out the cause?
John Jim,

yes, i finally found on mine that a banjo bolt on the bottom of the engine was missing.

Drop the oil pan, look toward the front of the engine where the balancer is. There is a pipe that comes from the oil pressure sender at the top of the motor, goes into the block and comes out here. I guess it's the overflow for the sender and also oils the balancer. On mine the banjo bolt where the pipe was fitted to the bottom of the block was missing, i replaced it and so far so good.

Hope that helps!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: