Which 7710 transmission is best for loader work?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Which 7710 transmission is best for loader work?

Will I'm about to start looking for a 7710 with FWA to make into a loader tractor. My current fords all have the transmission with 8 forward and two reverse gears plus dual power (you shift to reverse on the big lever). I know there was another transmission offered in the 7710 model where reverse is on the small shift lever. Anyone know what the idea was with that transmission and which would work best for a loader tractor? Most of my loader work will be moving round bales.

RickB The 8 speed synchronized transmission is the one with R on the range stick. Found on later 10 series 4 cylinder Fords. F/R will be a straight line non-synchronized shift (with clutch). With Dual Power, you will have 8 speed combinations depending on which speed and DP selection you make. Not sure if R is faster than F in a given gear. The 1-2-3-4 lever is synchronized. More reverse choices than the 8x2 offers has GOT to be a plus.
john mc the one rick B talks about with R in the range stick is not good for loader work.H2 hdp or H3 ldp are suitable forward speeds but R2 hdp or R3 ldp are too slow. R4 hdp orldp are suitable reverse speeds but this will mean two gear stick changes.The other type with R in the same stick as 1 2 3 4 is better.Hope this helps

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: