Ford 5600 transmission,hydraulic and gear oil

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 5600 transmission,hydraulic and gear oil

Seb I recently purchased a Ford 5600 but without an owners manual. From what I can gather, the transmission and hydraulic fluid share a common reservior (which isn't unusual) but question whether this tractor shares a common reservior for the gear oil as well.

I know that the fill port for the transmission/ hydraulic fluid is located at the transmission cover near the operator's feet and the dip stick is located behind the operators left foot. But if the gear oil reservior is seperate from the transmission, where is the level check for this oil and where is the fill port. Any help is appriciated. FYI - I have a shop manual and owners manual on order.

sonny anderson I have a ford 5600 tractor, and started to stop the tractor, I pressed the clutch pedal to put the transmission in neutral. When I did, the clutch pedal stayed down. I then had to push further down, to get the tractor in neutral.Can you tell me what caused this ?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: