8 volt battery in Ford 801

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

8 volt battery in Ford 801

Rich Keana I just took my six volt battery up to the battery distributer. I needed a new battey. He suggested that I Put in an 8 volt in place of my six. He said that is all I have to do. I did it but here is my question. With the tractor off the volts read 8.23v However when I start the tractor the voltage drops to 8.10v Am I screwing up? Would I need a different voltage regulator? Will this work? Thanks much. Rich

Holz I prefer not to install an 8 volt battery in the place of a 6 volt because they are to expensive and hard to find, & I don't believe that they give enough added cranking power for the extra effort & cost. I would rather convert the system to 12 volts. However to get good service from the 8 volt which you installed the voltage regulator will need to be readjusted to keep the new battery fully charged. The reason you are reading lower voltage with the tractor running is because the regulator is cutting out too soon, it was set to charge a 6 volt not an 8. Hope this helps. Frank at Holz Equipment Service
mike Battery Limited was established in 1999, Located in Shenzhen, nearby
Hong Kong, specializing in producing Nickel Cadmium and Nickel Metal
Hydride rechargeable batteries. They are widely used in cordless phones,
cellular phones, two-way radios, R/C toys, emergency lightings, power
tools, household appliances, office equipments and OEM markets. Now we
have more than 2000 employees and have 300,000 producing capacity a day,
these products throughout China and many foreign cotntries.

e-mail: swillson254@sohu.com
telephone number:86-755-28509555-1063
fax:86-755-28506266
mobile:+8675513510899032
name :mike
best price and service
thanks a lot

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ford Tractors & New Holland Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: